The Catholic diocese of Miao has rushed its social service team to a village where a massive fire accident killed two persons and rendered 500 homeless. “This was the biggest fire accident I have witnessed in my life,” Sethok Thinyan, a youth leader and member of the Church team that visited the affected village, told Matters India. According to him, all houses in Longliang village in Tirap district are made of bamboos with thatched roofs and built adjacent to one another. “A small spark aided by the usual strong wind could spell a doom for the whole village. The fire tenders too could not arrive due to the remoteness of the village,” the youth leader explained. The fire on March 18 also destroyed the food grains saved for the rest of the year, he added.